This Policy describes the ways in which Telematics Australia (TA) collects and uses information about you when you use our website at www.telematics-australia.com (the “Website”).
TA may change this Policy at any time in which case we shall notify you of any changes to this Policy by noting this on the Website. The changes will apply to your use of the Website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
This Policy was last changed on 25 February 2020.
- Information which is collected when you use the Website: TA may collect the following information from you when you use the Website (collectively, the “Data”):
b. Certain technical/analytical information collected by TA when you use the Website such as IP addresses, times and methods of your requests, browser and operating system types and other usage data such as pages you visit, for how long and the frequency of such visitations (“Analytics Data”).
c. If you choose to provide it to TA, your email address and, in certain cases, your zip code (used when participating in our broadband availability tool). If you provide the e-mail address of any other person you confirm that you have that party’s consent to provide such e-mail address to TA.
- How the information collected about you when you use the Website is used: The information about you described in Clause 2 may be used by TA as follows:
a. The Cookies Data and Analytics Data is collected to enable TA to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of visitor behaviour on the Website.
b. Your e-mail address is used, where you choose to submit it in relation to e.g., subscribing for a mailing list or newsletter, to provide that mailing list or newsletter to you. We will also, subject to obtaining your consent to do so (unless otherwise permitted under direct marketing legislation), use your e-mail address to send you information about products/services that we consider you might be interested in. You may opt out of us using your e-mail address for such marketing purposes at any time by clicking unsubscribe within the e-mail itself.
c. All of the Data is shared with third parties as described further below.
- Grounds for processing: TA relies on the legitimate interests processing ground to collect the Cookies Data and Analytics Data. It is in TA’s legitimate interests to collect the Cookies Data and Analytics Data because this is necessary in order to provide and improve the Website. The items of personal data collected are extremely limited and therefore not of a nature whereby your rights and freedoms as a data subject are outweighed by such data collection. TA relies on consent to obtain your e-mail address and postcode as you can choose whether to provide such e-mail address or postcode to TA or not.
- Sharing information with third parties: TA shall not pass your information to any third party (other than as described in this clause). Your information may, subject to TA’s obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
a. Those entities listed in its Cookies Policy;
b. The provider of TA’s own database;
c. With its hosting providers and assistors such as Siteground;
d. In anonymised form, TA may share the information with:
any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all of TA’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. TA will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred in accordance with this clause;
data aggregators and platform providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
- Links to third party websites and third party advertisements: TA is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them via the Website. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the Website from a third party site or via a social network, TA is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommends that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Security: TA has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use.
- Storage and Data Retention: TA stores the Data in various countries, including outside Australia. However, where it does store the Data outside Australia it takes measures to ensure that the transfer of such Data is deemed adequate. TA keeps the Data for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you from the Website.
- Exercising your rights: You can contact us using the details set out in Clause 9 below if you wish to: (i) access a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; (ii) correct any items of personal data that we hold about you; and/or (iii) have any items of personal data that we hold about you erased or object to our processing of such items of personal data.
- TA Details: If at any time you would like to contact TA about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org